Ten speculative fiction short stories and flash fiction, written by the award-winning author of Pearseus and Runaway Smile.
Although they seem to be concerned with various themes, there are certain passions that run through them. What is the nature of reality; digital and corporeal? Is there more to the world than we can see? How far can we trust our senses?
The anthology includes the following stories:
- “Infinite Waters“: A woman seeks her future at a carnival. She discovers more than she expected.
- “The Things We Do for Lust“: Beware of time travelers bearing gifts.
- “James’ Life“: A man with nothing to look forward to but oblivion, discovers it’s not that easy to escape his life.
- “Two’s a Crowd“: Blood runs thicker than water. Especially when you spill it.
- “What’s in a Name?“: A trip to the tropics has an unexpected ending.
- “The Lucky Bastard“: How far will the luckiest man alive go to escape his luck?
- “A Twist of the Tail“: A confused woman meanders through a sleepy town. But not all is as it seems.
- “Is There a Doctor in the House?“: A high school student just loves to experiment.
- “Sex and Dinner“: A timeless combination. Or is it?
- “Would You Like Flies With That?“: Nothing’s scarier than a supermarket.
- “The Hand of God“: Nothing has prepared a grizzly veteran for this meeting *.
(* first published in The Power of Six)
Humorous and poignant, these short stories are exciting, intriguing and imaginative.