‘A Gem of Interwoven Tales’ to engage, amuse and delight”
Five stars on Amazon. Five stars on Goodreads. Readers are asking for the next slice of village life.
The first four tales in The Village; A Year in Twelve Tales.
It is New Year and people in the village are making plans. A father and son visit a disused aerodrome, where they find a mysterious link to their past. In Spring a young boy becomes entranced by nature, he is growing up as he chases a hare. A marriage enters its death throes, with a terrifying drive. These four, inter-linked stories begin a year in the life of the village and its wide cast of characters, as four generations of the Marshall family negotiate their own family saga and the hazards of daily life.
Check out the reviews on amazon.com, amazon.co.uk, goodreads and riffle.
- ‘Anderson cleverly interlinks all the characters and …you end up becoming extremely attached to the village and the people who reside in it. What a superb publication, I look forward to many more titles.’ A Cheeky Booklover ( independent book reviewer )
- ‘The prose is clear and crisp, and the build towards the last story is subtly done, with many threads coming together for an exciting climax.’ Stuart Wakefield, Kindle best selling author
- ‘This is a tour de force….The annual cycle of village life beneath a civilised veneer and against the backdrop of the natural world makes for an interesting but also an easy read… I shall look out for the next publication from this talented writer.’ Amazon review
- ‘I was totally absorbed in this book from page one. I… hope very much that there will be further publications telling more about the people I felt I was getting to know so well. I look forward very much to further works by this author.’ Amazon review
- ‘The inter-woven layered nature of village life is captured perfectly. I was thoroughly involved…’ Amazon review